Summer Special Limited Time 60% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: big60

GED Updated GED-Social-Studies Exam Questions and Answers by tommie

Page: 2 / 11

GED GED-Social-Studies Exam Overview :

Exam Name: GED Social Studies Exam
Exam Code: GED-Social-Studies Dumps
Vendor: GED Certification: GED Social Studies
Questions: 300 Q&A's Shared By: tommie
Question 8

Nationalism is defined as devotion to one’s nation.It can encourage positive civic participation for a more productive society.If carried to the extreme, however, it can cause widespread and violent international conflicts.

Which of the following illustrates extreme nationalism in the twentieth century?

Options:

A.

the relationship of Guam to the United States

B.

tensions between Israel and Arab nations in the Middle East

C.

Deng Xiaoping’s diplomatic overtures to the West

D.

free-trade negotiations between Canada, Mexico, and the United States

E.

rapid industrialization in Brazil

Discussion
Question 9

A Florida state court convicted Clarence Earl Gideon of breaking and entering.In 1963, Gideon appealed this case to the U.S. Supreme Court.Declaring that his original trial was unfair because he was not represented by an attorney, the Supreme Court issued a landmark decision stating that defendants in all criminal cases were entitled to representation by an attorney.

Which basic principle of U.S. law regarding individual constitutional rights did the Supreme Court’s decision in the Gideon case reaffirm?

Options:

A.

due process of law

B.

states’ rights

C.

separation of powers

D.

checks and balances

E.

freedom of assembly

Discussion
Question 10

The data in the graph to the left reflect a development in the U.S. workplace that began after World War II.

Questions 10

If the percentages shown in the graph increase over time, which development would most likely occur?

Options:

A.

Flexible scheduling and child-care benefits would become more important.

B.

The United States would depend less on women in the workforce.

C.

Women would pay lower taxes than men.

D.

Fewer women would be admitted to law and medical schools.

E.

Women’s demand for life insurance coverage would decrease.

Discussion
Alessia
Amazing Dumps. Found almost all questions in actual exam whih I prepared from these valuable dumps. Recommended!!!!
Belle (not set)
That's impressive. I've been struggling with finding good study material for my certification. Maybe I should give Cramkey Dumps a try.
Marley
Hey, I heard the good news. I passed the certification exam!
Jaxson (not set)
Yes, I passed too! And I have to say, I couldn't have done it without Cramkey Dumps.
Osian
Dumps are fantastic! I recently passed my certification exam using these dumps and I must say, they are 100% valid.
Azaan (not set)
They are incredibly accurate and valid. I felt confident going into my exam because the dumps covered all the important topics and the questions were very similar to what I saw on the actual exam. The team of experts behind Cramkey Dumps make sure the information is relevant and up-to-date.
Ivan
I tried these dumps for my recent certification exam and I found it pretty helpful.
Elis (not set)
Agree!!! The questions in the dumps were quite similar to what came up in the actual exam. It gave me a good idea of the types of questions to expect and helped me revise efficiently.
Question 11

-- Exhibit --

For hundreds of years, a huge desert, the Sahara, separated and protected West Africa from European and Asian armies. However, eventually, between the years 1000 and 1500 A.D., Arab Muslim trading caravans from the north and east linked the trading world to three African kingdoms, one of which was Ghana. Ghana’s king ruled more than a million people by the 11th century A.D. Ghana became a rich empire because it controlled the trade routes between the salt mines in the Sahara and the gold mines farther south. The Muslim kings of Mali conquered Ghana by the end of the 13th century. Mali’s capital city, Timbuktu, became a great center of Islamic religion, learning, art, and trade.The Emperor Mansa Musa made Mali the center of gold production and African-Eurasian trade.

Eventually, the Songhai Empire conquered Mali in 1468 A.D. The empire reestablished Timbuktu as a great Muslim trading center in West Africa. Traders throughout Africa soughtSonghai’s tin and leather products. Songhai grew and ultimately controlled an area of 1,500 miles across West Africa.

Adapted from The Age of Calamity, A.D. 1300-1400 (Richmond, Va.: Time-Life Books, 1989), 143-148; T. Walter Wallbank et al., History and Life, 4th ed. (Glenview, Ill.: Scott, Foresman, and Co., 1993) 283–286, 324–329.

-- Exhibit --

Questions 11

Which geographic feature helped to protect the West African states from invaders?

Options:

A.

the Sahara

B.

the Indian Ocean

C.

the Mediterranean Sea

D.

the Nile River

E.

the Atlantic Ocean

Discussion