Summer Special Limited Time 60% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: big60

GED Updated GED-Social-Studies Exam Questions and Answers by haris

Page: 5 / 11

GED GED-Social-Studies Exam Overview :

Exam Name: GED Social Studies Exam
Exam Code: GED-Social-Studies Dumps
Vendor: GED Certification: GED Social Studies
Questions: 300 Q&A's Shared By: haris
Question 20

Mechanization dramatically changed the clothing industry in the late 1800s.Powerful machines that were able to slice through a hundred layers of cloth at a time brought the speed of cutting clothes in line with the sewing operation.Completely automatic looms meant that one weaver could produce 400 yards of fabric in an hour.Improved cylinder presses could print from two to twelve colors at the same time.As calico florals rolled off the cylinders, one of the most expensive fabrics of the 1700s became one of the cheapest in the 1800s.

Adapted from American Heritage, December 1988, Vol. 39, 42.

The article supports which statement about the relationship of mechanization and the work world?

Options:

A.

Fewer, more expensive products are a positive sign of progress.

B.

Mechanization does not affect the lives of average citizens.

C.

Technology slows down the activities in most industries.

D.

Productivity relates to available machinery.

E.

Mechanization produces boredom on the job.

Discussion
Question 21

-- Exhibit --

The responsibilities of a citizen who lives in a democracy are similar in some ways to those of a citizen in a totalitarian state. For example, a citizen under either system is expected to pay taxes and vote.

However, there are important differences between the two systems. In a democracy, a citizen is expected to respect the rights and opinions of others. The state encourages citizens to become involved in community groups and allows political protest. In a democracy, a citizen has more rights and freedom to carry out his duties. The state exists for the good of the citizen.

In a totalitarian society, the state controls every aspect of human life, and the citizen exists for the good of the state. The primary responsibility of the citizen is to obey and follow. The citizen can vote for only government-approved candidates. The ruling party members or people who support them fill all offices and law-making bodies. Some criticism of the state may be allowed. However, any citizen activity that could interfere with the state, such as a protest march, is outlawed in a totalitarian state

Adapted from Raymond Yuen, publisher, The Way to U.S. Citizenship (Carlsbad, Calif.: Dominie Press, Inc., 1997),116; World Book Encyclopedia, Volume 19 (Chicago: World Book, Inc., 2001), 344.

-- Exhibit --

Questions 21

Which conclusion about citizenship in the world between 1950 and 2000 is best supported by information in the graph?

Options:

A.

Citizens had more voting opportunities in the first half of the 20th century.

B.

Citizen protests were common between 1950 and 2000.

C.

Fewer citizens live in states with democratic governments.

D.

More citizen participation in government has led to more democracy.

E.

Totalitarian governments have disappeared from the world.

Discussion
Question 22

Exhibit:

Questions 22

What does the cartoon imply about the future of the Russian economy?

Options:

A.

The economy is developing too fast for Western countries to keep up with.

B.

Western countries will go into debt if they buy Russian automobiles.

C.

Debts to Western countries will ultimately slow Russian economic development.

D.

Russian automobile exports will decrease if foreign debt remains.

E.

The economy will always be too small to compete in the global market.

Discussion
Joey
I highly recommend Cramkey Dumps to anyone preparing for the certification exam. They have all the key information you need and the questions are very similar to what you'll see on the actual exam.
Dexter (not set)
Agreed. It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a comprehensive and reliable study resource.
Sam
Can I get help from these dumps and their support team for preparing my exam?
Audrey (not set)
Definitely, you won't regret it. They've helped so many people pass their exams and I'm sure they'll help you too. Good luck with your studies!
Laila
They're such a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their exam results. I used these dumps and passed my exam!! Happy customer, always prefer. Yes, same questions as above I know you guys are perfect.
Keira (not set)
100% right….And they're so affordable too. It's amazing how much value you get for the price.
Georgina
I used Cramkey Dumps to prepare for my recent exam and I have to say, they were a huge help.
Corey (not set)
Really? How did they help you? I know these are the same questions appears in exam. I will give my try. But tell me if they also help in some training?
Question 23

According to the article, what is a major reason people use technology to change the environment?

Options:

A.

a desire for power

B.

a natural inclination for discovery

C.

a need for economic development

D.

an instinct for destruction

E.

a desire for mobility

Discussion