Summer Special Limited Time 60% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: big60

GED Updated GED-Science Exam Questions and Answers by dhruv

Page: 6 / 11

GED GED-Science Exam Overview :

Exam Name: GED Science Exam
Exam Code: GED-Science Dumps
Vendor: GED Certification: GED Science
Questions: 300 Q&A's Shared By: dhruv
Question 24

The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is increasing, therefore contributing to the phenomenon called the greenhouse effect. The end result is an increase in average temperatures worldwide.

A decrease in global warming could result if we reduced the consumption of materials that give off carbon dioxide when burned.

Questions 24

To reduce global warming, what should be used LESS?

Options:

A.

fossil fuels

B.

geothermal energy

C.

solar energy

D.

nuclear energy

E.

electricity

Discussion
Question 25

Some work is converted into heat whenever there is friction. For example, when you rub your hands together, they feel warm because of the friction. The same effect occurs when an automobile axle spins on ball bearings—the axle and bearings get hot.

A mechanic says that the heat produced will be decreased if grease is deposited between the bearings and the axle.

Which of the following statements would provide the strongest support for the mechanic’s claim?

Options:

A.

Grease decreases the speed of the axle.

B.

Grease increases friction.

C.

Grease is hot and adds heat.

D.

Grease makes the bearings stick to the axle.

E.

Grease decreases friction.

Discussion
Question 26

In the diagram below, the shaded parts show how much water each boat displaces as it floats. Boat B weighs more than boat A, since it has more people aboard. Boat B displaces more water than does boat A. For floating to happen, the weight of the water displaced has to be equal to the weight of the floating boat.

-- Exhibit --

In the diagram below, the shaded parts show how much water each boat displaces as it floats. Boat B weighs more than boat A, since it has more people aboard. Boat B displaces more water than does boat A. For floating to happen, the weight of the water displaced has to be equal to the weight of the floating boat.

Questions 26

-- Exhibit --

Flood waters do not have to be very deep to float a car. In fact, only two feet of water, about knee high, will float the average car.

Which statement BEST explains why a car floats in such a small amount of water?

Options:

A.

The car is not equipped with four wheel drive.

B.

The car’s center of gravity is at the two foot line.

C.

The weight of water that the car displaces is the same as the weight of the whole car.

D.

The water makes the road surface too slick for the car to maintain traction, increasing the braking distance.

E.

The car is not equipped with an automatic transmission.

Discussion
Question 27

Beginnings of new time spans are characterized by major changes in life-forms. Which time would represent the beginning of a new time period (in millions of years ago)?

Questions 27

Options:

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

Discussion
Nadia
Why these dumps are important? Can I pass my exam without these dumps?
Julian (not set)
The questions in the Cramkey dumps are explained in detail and there are also study notes and reference materials provided. This made it easier for me to understand the concepts and retain the information better.
River
Hey, I used Cramkey Dumps to prepare for my recent exam and I passed it.
Lewis (not set)
Yeah, I used these dumps too. And I have to say, I was really impressed with the results.
Aliza
I used these dumps for my recent certification exam and I can say with certainty that they're absolutely valid dumps. The questions were very similar to what came up in the actual exam.
Jakub (not set)
That's great to hear. I am going to try them soon.
Ilyas
Definitely. I felt much more confident and prepared because of the Cramkey Dumps. I was able to answer most of the questions with ease and I think that helped me to score well on the exam.
Saoirse (not set)
That's amazing. I'm glad you found something that worked for you. Maybe I should try them out for my next exam.
Page: 6 / 11

GED-Science
PDF

$40  $99.99

GED-Science Testing Engine

$48  $119.99

GED-Science PDF + Testing Engine

$64  $159.99